A core deposit is a refundable deposit required by the manufacturer or rebuilder to assure the return of a rebuildable unit. If a core deposit is shown, this charge will be included in Europarts Price, but is eligible for full refund upon the return of your exchange part.
The return of the core deposit is determined by the rebuilder. Refunds from Europarts will be issued after the returned unit is inspected and authorized by the rebuilder. Core return shipping charges are always the responsibility of the customer, and are not refundable.
Core returns must meet these guidelines to be eligible for credit:
- Returned with a copy of the of the original invoice/packing slip.
- Received within 30 days of the original invoice date.
- Packed in original manufacturer's box. This is a manufacturer's requirement.
- Fully assembled, complete and in rebuildable condition based on manufacturer's inspection guidelines. Disassembled cores will not be accepted for refund.
- Returned core must be the same part as the new part purchased. Returned cores must be an identical match with the unit purchased.
Core deposit is non-refundable if core has:
- Bent or broken parts
- Stripped threads or ports
- Cracked, damaged or broken mounts
- Cracked, damaged or broken housing
- Heavy rust or corrosion
- Missing or disassembled parts
Core return instructions:
- Remove any items from the core that is needed for proper installation of the replacement part. It is recommended you replace the exchange part before returning the core.
- Empty all fluids from the core, if applicable.
- Put the core in a sealed plastic bag to avoid leakage or drainage during shipping.
- Put bagged core in manufacturer's box. Include a copy of your invoice in the package.
- Package or secure the boxed core, using adequate packing material to assure that it arrives undamaged.
- Return within 30 days of receipt.
- Upon authorization by the rebuilder, Europarts will refund the core deposit.
Refunds are usually processed 2-3 weeks after receipt by Europarts. Customer will be notified in the event of a refused or reduced credit.