Returns are a part of every business. Unfortunately, returns are expensive, both to customer and business in terms of time, money, and aggravation. One of our goals is to minimize returns so that we can maintain our rock bottom prices. That is why Europarts supplies only quality replacement auto parts, the same quality specified by Volkswagen and Daimler Chrysler. The listings on our website were gathered and cross referenced from many different sources, and we are continuously updating and refining our information. For many parts, the burden of accuracy lies on the shoulders of the customer, so we ask you to make your selections thoughtfully. If you have any questions about the appropriate part, we are available via email or phone to help you sort out your options and answer your questions.
General Return Information
- Any new or unused part returned within 30 days of the original ship date will be refunded the purchase price and applicable taxes. Refunds will not include shipping and handling charges, nor the credit card processing fees. Additionally, those items having a "shipping included", as part of the purchase price, have a shipping cost included in the selling price. The initial cost of shipping this item to you, will be deducted from your refund. Refunds may be made by either company check or credit to your charge card, at Europarts' discretion.
- Parts returned after 30 days and before 60 days, from original purchase date, will be subject to a 20% restocking charge.
- No returns will be accepted after 60 days.
- Special Order items are not returnable.
- Parts must be returned for inspection prior to any credit being issued. All returned parts must meet the guidelines stated below.
Returns must meet these guidelines to be eligible for a refund:
- Have prior authorization for return
- Returned with a copy of the original invoice/packing slip
- Received within 60 days of the original invoice date
- Returned with all the original manufacturer's box/ wrapping in undamaged condition
Returns are not eligible for credit if the part:
- Is electrical or electronic in nature (electrical & electronic parts are not returnable)
- Is literature or a CD that has been opened
- Is opened and has a sticker indicating non-returnable once opened (gasket sets, etc.)
- Has been installed, used, disassembled or altered in any way*
- Has missing parts, hardware or instructions
- Is not returned in the original packaging or is not in re-saleable condition. Parts returned in soiled packaging will not be accepted for credit
*Note: All parts should be compared to the old part for correctness prior to installation. Comparing the old and new parts for correctness is the sole responsibility of the purchaser or installer.
Procedure for all returns:
- All returns/exchanges must be discussed with Europarts prior to return.
- Place the part along with any manufacturer's boxes or wrappings in a sturdy box to assure it arrives undamaged.Do not use the manufacturer's box as the shipping box.
- Securely package and ship your return prepaid and insured to:Europarts,11315 Rancho Bernardo Rd, #127, San Diego, CA 92127. COD shipments will not be accepted.
- Include a copy of your invoice/ packing slip inside the box. A copy of your invoice can be printed from My Account on Europarts shopping cart. Returns received without an invoice copy will not be accepted.
Once we have received your return, conducted an inspection of the parts, and verified that your return meets the above guidelines a refund/exchange will be issued.
Additional Information Regarding:
- Parts Sent In Error
- Parts Received Defective
- Parts Returned for Warranty
- Parts Damaged in Shipping
If you have been inconvenienced by a part that was sent in error, received defective, failed while under manufacturer's warranty or damaged in shipping:
- Europarts will provide a replacement or refund for the item as long as it is returned within 30 days of the original ship date or within the warranty period.
- Europarts will charge you for the replacement part and refund the amount upon receipt and inspection of the original part.
- If you choose to exchange the part, reorder the part online as a new order. You will be reimbursed for the returned part and the shipping charges on the original part.
- If you choose a refund for a part that was damaged in shipping, received defective, or sent in error, we will give you a full refund including shipping upon receipt and inspection of the part.
- Parts returned under warranty will be replaced with the exact replacement. If you choose a refund for a warranty part, the refund amount will be on a prorated basis according to the manufacturer's guidelines.
- The status of “defective” is the determination of the manufacturer. A refund will be issued pending manufacturer's inspection and approval of credit for the returned part.
- All warranty claims are reviewed and authorized by the manufacturer of that part. A refund will be issued pending manufacturer's inspection and approval of credit for the returned part.
- If the part was damaged in shipping, the carrier must be notified for liability determination within 20 days of receipt. Contact Europarts at 858-451-0020 so we can initiate a shipping claim. All original shipping cartons and packing materials must be saved for inspection by the carrier. Discarding any of the original shipping/packing material will negate the ability to file a damage claim with the carrier and will impact your refund.
Once we have received your return, conducted an inspection of the returned parts and verified that your return meets the above guidelines, a refund/exchange will be issued.